Hermanus High School is seeking to appoint a dynamic and visionary leader with administration and management experience at high school level, to the position of Principal. The successful candidate will assume full responsibility for the management and leadership of the school.
Minimum requirements for the position:
- A tertiary qualification in Education.
- Minimum seven years teaching experience at High School level, including teaching at Grade 12 level. This must be verifiable by results that consistently exceed provincial medians. Experience as an external NSC marker is not a requirement, but would be advantageous.
- Bilingualism (proven capability in Afrikaans and English a prerequisite).
- Leadership experience. E.g.: High School Principal/ High School Deputy Principal/ Head of Department/ Grade Head.
- Management experience. E.g.: High School Principal/ High School Deputy Principal/ Head of Department/ Grade Head.
Recommendations for the position
- Financial Management of a school.
- Information & Communication Technology skills:
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Experience in interactive/ remote e-learning processes.
- Competency in mail and audio-visual, remote communication apps.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong administration skills:
- Experience working with the Education Department administration systems. E.g.: CEMIS, WSE, SIPs, PMPS, IQMS etc.
- Experience working with education and labour policy and legislation.
- Experience with and understanding of the role of the School Governing Body and effectively managing the relationship.
- Experience in contributing enthusiastically to the extra-mural life of a school.
- Flexibility and commitment regarding school obligations even if it involves working after school hours, on weekends and during school holidays.
- Project management skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Learner and staff leadership development and mentoring skills.
- Verifiable community involvement experience.
- Experience in managing transformation in a culturally diverse school.
- Verifiable change management skills including scenario thinking.
- Verifiable risk management skills.
Interested candidates can apply via the Western Cape Education Department’s website as per their standard process. Click on the link to submit your application: https://e-recruitment.